Friday 10 August 2012

Love's Token - in Red

Perhaps not the mood lighting I would choose.  This postcard was sent sometime between 1910-1920, unfortunately the postmark is incomplete.
It was sent to Miss Mackie, 48 Union St, Stonehouse, Plymouth. The handwriting is very nice -  not all of the punctuation which should be included, is included.
The back reads:
Sunday Even. 8th
My Dearest Olive,
Just a P.C. hoping to find you in the best of health as this leaves me at present.  I think its a toss up who will be first at 48 me or this P.C. as can expect to be in for coaling soon so shall I be in time for your next evening off.  I shant say any more at present Dearest. hoping you will excuse this P.C. but the mail closes at nine, so I have got to rush so hoping to be with you soon again.  Believe me your Ever Loving Alf. xxxxxx
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment